Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Sunday 5 April 2015

Time for Tea....Radisson Blu Guildford

Hello there,

Welcome back to a very special guest blog post at Tea With Me and Friends!

This is a special post because we are joined by someone who has experienced their very first afternoon tea adventure.....and she is just eight years old! Connie visited the Radisson Blu in Guildford, Surrey with her family recently and she wanted to share her adventure with us....


Connie Lewis a review from Radisson Blu Guildford

Connie reporting for Tea With Me and Friends
from Radisson Blu Guildford

Today I have been to have afternoon tea to celebrate Mother's Day with my Nanny and also my brothers 11 birthday!

When we arrived we were shown the menu and given a choice of teas and for us kids a milkshake!  I chose strawberry and it was truly amazing. You could tell it was made with ice cream and real strawberries!

Afternoon tea - Radisson Blu Guildford

We had a selection of sandwiches that were delicious on fresh soft bread and my favourite were cucumber that had been cut in heart shapes.

Heart shaped afternoon tea sandwiches
Radisson Blu Guildford

I ate the pastries after, my favourite being a chocolate truffle.  We also had mini eclairs and raspberry tarts.  Homemade shortbread biscuits and fresh strawberries to dip into the chocolate sauce.  I noticed that mummy kept asking for milk as it was in very small jugs and when there was 7 of us it didn't last long.  I thought it would be nice if they had brought it over instead of mummy having to ask.

Afternoon tea pastries
Radisson Blu Guildford

Shortbread, cream and jam
Radisson Blu Guildford

The waiter asked us if it was a special occasion and mummy told him it was my brothers birthday yesterday.  He brought out a plate saying happy birthday with a lit candle. I liked that they did this.



I thought the scones were light and fresh not like the kind we have at home!! And plenty of them (we took 7 home in a take away box!)

I found my afternoon tea very exciting and hope my mum will take me again.

Mummy asked me to mention that it was a reasonable price for us kids to come along also!

It sounds like Connie had a wonderful first afternoon tea adventure. Connie also made a short video of her experience, take a peek at our YouTube channel to see more!

Connie and her family enjoyed a Queen of Hearts afternoon tea which costs £17.50 per adults and  £10.00 per child (under 12). You can choose four of the five afternoon tea fillings on offer, pick from Cheddar cheese, Cucumber, Egg mayonnaise, Honey roast ham or Smoked salmon. For more information about this tea visit the Radisson Blu website.

A huge thank you to Connie (and her family) for sharing her afternoon tea with us - we are so pleased that she enjoyed the experience! Don't forget to take a peek at Connie's vlog post too!

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: