Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Friday 5 June 2015

The Friday Review - Bluebird Tea

Hello there,

It's Friday....that means you must be here for one thing....it's time for another Friday Review!

If you remember a couple of weeks ago we tried some rather cakey blends from the Bluebird Tea Company....well this week we have another three of their teas....and these are all rather different!

So, this time from Bluebird Tea we have....Smoky Russian, Candy Floss and Hot Cross Buns....(yep, you read that right...candy floss!).....

Bluebird Tea

So let's begin with the Smoky Russian, which is a Lapsang Souchong tea, the blend includes  Formosa oolong tea, Lapsang Souchong tea, Mao Feng Keemun tea and as the name suggests...is smoked....

Bluebird Tea - Smoky Russian

To be honest I'm not that great with smoky things....I have a sweeter taste palate and naturally veer away from anything smoked normally - so it was good to step outside of my comfort zone. 

The aroma from both the leaves and the brewed tea is definitely smoky, but don't let this put you off if you prefer more mellow brews like me. The tea has a really refreshing taste with a light smoky aftertaste, definitely not as smoky as I thought it might be.

The next one I tried was the limited edition Hot Cross Bun tea....

Bluebird Tea - Hot Cross Bun

A very pretty bag of leaves, this is a Rooibos and black tea blend, combined with lots of fruity pieces and cinnamon. The aroma really reminded me of baking hot cross buns...with lots of cinnamon and fruit....it actually made my mouth water!

Bluebird Tea - Hot Cross Bun

This blend included Rooibos, Sri Lankan black tea, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Apple pieces, Rosehip, Orange peel, Lapsang Souchong tea, Vanilla pieces, Cranberry pieces, Flavour.

It was a real delight to both brew and drink, leaving my kitchen with a lovely fruity aroma. Even the colour of the tea reminded me of hot cross buns! As for the taste....well it was warming, fruity and thoroughly enjoyable! It reminded me a little of Christmas time!

Finally we have the most unusual tea...Candy Floss...which believe it or not is a white tea....

Bluebird Tea - Candy Floss

Yep, there are hundreds and thousands sprinkles in there....so pretty!

This blend is quite impressive in it's ingredient list....including....White Chinese tea, Hibiscus, Apple pieces, Elderberries, Rosehip, Pineapple pieces, Red cornflowers, Stevia, Strawberry pieces, Blue cornflowers, Hundreds and Thousands Sprinkles, Flavour.

The tea smells like sweets....very different for a cup of tea, and it produces a beautiful ruby tea when brewed.....

Bluebird Tea - Candy Floss

I'm not sure I can describe the taste of this tea...it's sweet and kinda fruity...you really need to try it for yourself to see what I mean...it's definitely like no other tea I have tried before! I think I will try this as a cool brew next, as I think it might make a lovely summer drink.

All three cups were enjoyable in their own unique ways. Bluebird Tea has an impressive collection of teas on offer, I will definitely be trying some more.

We would like to thank Bluebird Tea for sending us these teas to try....however please remember that although we have received these teas for free, it has not affected my taste buds and all opinions expressed are our own!

Don't forget to take a peek at the Bluebird Tea website to see more of the teas on offer!

So, over to you....have you tried any of the Bluebird Teas? Which is your favourite?

Thanks for popping by today,
Rachel

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Ohhhh, the hot cross bun one sounds delicious! As soon as I can have tea again (chronic heartburn at the moment. Yuck!) I shall have to try that one. x