Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Friday 8 April 2016

The Friday Review....Gyokuro from T2

Hello there,

Happy Friday! We hope you're well today!

Last week Lorna and I happened to pop into the T2 Tea store on Regent Street and spent a rather lovely time talking to one of the assistants in there. If you're not familiar with the T2 Tea brand, they are an Australian tea company who now have over 70 stores in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.  They are Australia’s leading tea retailer, offering the country’s largest range of premium, fragrant tea and tea wares from all around the globe.

T2 Tea instore display - swoon!

As we looked around the gorgeous tea and teaware displays, the assistant told us about her favourite tea - Gyokuro which is a green tea. This tea can be brewed twice and you can even eat the leaves once you've made your cuppa!

T2 Tea Gyokuro Green Tea

Gyokuro is a highly prized Japanese green tea. The tea bushes are shaded to encourage a heightened level of chlorophyll. The emerald green leaves yield a refined brew with what T2 Tea describe as a sweet lingering flavour. This however, is an expensive tea...are you ready for this....it costs £24.00 for 100g.

I decided despite the expense that I needed to give this tea a go (it was pay day so I decided to treat myself!).....

T2 Tea Gyokuro Green Tea

The dry leaves are a pretty green colour, and I noted they were very fine. For this tea it is recommended that you use 1 tsp of leaves per 250mls of water, the leaves should be brewed for 1-3 minutes at 80°C (176°F). 

The tea once brewed is a little yellow colour...

T2 Tea Gyokuro Green Tea

The flavour is light, with a slight nuttiness to it. It's a very refreshing cup of tea, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I didn't eat the leaves this time, but I did brew them more than once giving me better value for money.

Was it worth the £24 price tag I hear you cry? Well, it was probably one of the best green teas that I have enjoyed at home.

I also might have treated myself to some new teaware while I was there too.....shhh...don't tell my bank manager!! It was far too pretty to leave in the shop though!

T2 Tea and pretty teaware

To find out more about T2 Tea and their range of teas and teaware pop by their website.
Do you have a favourite T2 tea? Leave us a comment below and let us know!

Thank you for popping by today.
Rachel

No comments: