Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Friday 29 July 2016

The Friday Review - Lemon & Orange Black Tea from Taylors of Harrogate

Hello there,

Welcome back to Tea With Me and Friends - it's Friday....so it's time to share another cup of tea with you!

I travel with work quite a bit, staying overnight in various hotels. This has both its positives and negatives....one of the ups is that I get to try quite a few different teas on my travels! One of the first things I usually look for when I check into a new hotel is the tea tray (sad I know!), to see what delights there might be. Often it's a standard branded tea, nothing too exciting, but sometimes I discover something a little bit different. This was the case when I checked into my hotel in Darlington this week....the tea tray initially looked quite bog standard....

Bog standard tea tray hiding something rather lovely....

All the usual suspects were huddle together at the front....but tucked away near the back was something a bit more interesting....

Lemon and orange tea - Taylors of Harrogate

Yes, this is a lemon and orange tea....but its not a fruity tea...nope its a black tea. I was intrigued to try this one out. I was also impressed by the size of the mug -no tiny teacups at this hotel!

Taylors have combined black tea with the sweet, tangy flavour of citrus fruits for a tea that they say you can enjoy at any time of the day.

For the perfect cup they recommend that you use one tea bag. Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 3-5 minutes. The fruity flavour is best appreciated on its own, or can be sweetened with sugar or honey.

Lemon and Orange tea - Taylors of Harrogate

The flavour of the tea was lovely - zesty and refreshing. Not at all artificial or overpowering - you could taste that it was a black tea rather than a herbal infusion. 

If you fancy trying this tea for yourself you can buy it online from Betty's - take a peek here.

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: