Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Time for Tea - Ducky's Beach Cafe, Beer, Devon

Hello there,

Welcome back to Tea With Me and Friends - we hope you're well today!

I've realised that there was a disappointing amount of scones consumed and shared with you in June - only three blog posts! We must work harder this month to bring you more afternoon tea adventures!

Without further ado....I bring you scones on the beach! Last weekend Joe and I visited Honiton in  Devon for a wedding, as it was an overnight stay we decided to head to the closest beach the next morning and I was determined to enjoy a scone!

We stumbled upon the little fishing village of Beer by accident, but I'm glad we did. Despite it being a Sunday everything was open and there was even a local craft fair! Beer is such a pretty place to visit, with plenty of scenic walks to enjoy.....

We do like to be beside the seaside - Beer, Devon

Even better....on the beach we found Ducky's Beach Cafe! What could be better...enjoying a scone by the sea! Now, as you can tell from the photo above....the weather wasn't fabulous....but that didn't stop me (or long suffering Joe)....I was determined to enjoy my scone!

It's a very simple affair at Ducky's - lots of plastic tables and chairs and the front where you order your refreshments. There is no inside seating at all and the toilets are back up the hill...but the prices were incredibly reasonably, the choice of food was great and the views just wonderful (if you love the seaside like I do!).

Duckys Beach Cafe, Beer - Devon


As this was more brunch time than anything else Joe wanted a full English breakfast and I knew I probably needed something a little more than a cream tea (no afternoon teas on offer), so I opted to have a sausage sandwich with my scone! We both wanted tea...although Joe wished he'd ordered a mug of tea rather than a pot....as he was given a dainty teacup to drink his tea from.

The food arrived quickly, and the portions were great....

Sausage sandwich with your scones!

Everything was fresh and tasty, my sausage sandwich was hot and the tea was plentiful (we were given a pot of tea and a pot of hot water). As you can see my scones (yes there were two....I only ate one though) were served with lashings of clotted cream and strawberry jam....

Cream tea - Duckys Beach Cafe, Beer - Devon

The scone was well baked, not at all claggy and despite the rain I really enjoyed my scone by the sea!

I didn't take a photo of Joe's breakfast, but I'll admit I had a little food envy - the portions were generous and everything looked (and tasted Joe assured me) amazing. What struck me the most about this scone adventure was the value - I can't remember the exact prices of everything but the final bill came in at around £15 and we were both well fed and watered!


If you happen to find yourself in Beer and fancy a scone, I'd definitely recommend you pop down to the beach to Ducky's Beach Cafe!
Rachel enjoying a scone - cream first!

Have you enjoyed a scone in an unusual place? We'd love to hear all about it - leave us a comment or better still.....send us a photo on Twitter!

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: