Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Saturday 13 August 2016

Time for Tea .....The Tea Shop Around the Corner, Farnborough

Hello there,

Welcome back to Tea With Me and Friends!

Recently a lovely lady on Twitter recommended that I visit The Tea Shop Around the Corner in Farnborough for a spot of tea and cake. Since I'm based in Farnham, a short drive away I decided I should definitely make the trip.

The Tea Shop Around The Corner, Farnborough

It was a Wednesday lunchtime when I popped by, and I was surprised at how busy it was on a weekday. The tea shop is fairly modern, with wooden chairs and tables. But vintage china is used to serve the cakes etc. Food is ordered at the main counter and once ready the waitresses bring it over to you.

The tea shop has a good menu, including lots of breakfast items and sandwiches, as well as a counter full of cakes and scones! As I had not booked in advance I couldn't enjoy the full afternoon tea experience....so I opted for a cream tea and a piece of rocky road cake.....


Cream tea - Tea Shop Around The Corner, Farnborough

The scone was huge, but it was served cold. However, it was well baked and tasty, it was served with clotted cream and strawberry jam. The rocky road was amazing - a huge slab of cake! It was gooey and crunchy all at the same time and full of treats like marshmallow, cherries and biscuits. The pot of tea gave me about three cups of tea.

Afternoon tea scone - Tea Shop Around The Corner, Farnborough

Rocky Road Cake - Tea Shop Around The Corner, Farnborough

This feast cost me under £7.00, which I thought was great value as everything was fresh and tasty. The service was also fast and friendly, even when the tea shop got quite busy.

Cream tea & Cake - Tea Shop Around The Corner, Farnborough

 I'd definitely like to pop back and try their full afternoon tea feast which costs £14.95 per person and includes all the traditional items. For more about The Tea Shop Around the Corner visit their Facebook page.

Have you got a favourite local tea room? Why not tell us all about it!

Thanks for popping by today,
Rachel

2 comments:

Jane Willis said...

This gem is in Farnborough? How could I, a tea addict living in Fleet, not know about it? I must find it immediately!
Jane

Queen Pip said...

Ahhh I'm so glad you had a good time. I'm there tomorrow, I'll tell Clare about your review she'll be so chuffed! One day you must come and craft with me and have tea there it would be fab to catch up in real life!!!