Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Thursday 4 August 2016

Time for Tea.....Cole's Bazaar and Snackery, Isle of Wight

Hello there,

Welcome back to Tea With Me and Friends - we hope you're well today!

Joe and I recently spent a weekend away on the Isle of Wight, and as you can imagine......finding a scrummy scone was on the top of our "to do"list. Well, ok.....it wasn't really on the top of Joe's list, but he humoured me and let me hunt out a new scone spot!

Little did I know that we were staying in the next town to a "scone zone"....

The Scone Zone!
Cole's Bazaar & Snackery, Shanklin - Isle of Wight

As we walked along the seafront at Shanklin we came across this sign outside Cole's Bazaar and Snackery. To be honest, the name "snackery" had first caught our eye....but then I saw the board! 

As well as plain and savoury scones, the board included banana, lemon, cherry, apricot and apple scones (to name a few). Each one paired with clotted cream and a spread or preserve.

I opted for the banana scone, served with clotted cream and chocolate spread! 

Banana scone - Cole's Bazaar & Snackery - Isle of Wight

For £3.75 I got a good size scone, which was served warm. A portion of butter, a portion of clotted cream and a portion of chocolate spread. And of course.....a pot of tea! I was really impressed with the price of this cream tea - the portion sizes were great and the service really quick.

As you can tell from the photo above, we were really lucky with the weather and I got to enjoy my scone in the sunshine overlooking the sea.

Banana scone with clotted cream and chocolate spread
Isle of Wight

The scone was really fresh and tasty, I loved the banana flavour which was sweet and subtle.  The banana went really well with the clotted cream and chocolate spread.

All the scones are homemade, with natural ingredients.

I really wish we were staying on the Isle of Wight longer, I would have loved to try all the different scones on offer! I suppose at least I have a very good reason to visit again!

What's the most unusual scone you have tried? I think banana is definitely the most exotic scone I've sampled so far!

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: