Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Saturday 3 September 2016

Time for Tea.....Gail's Artisan Bakery, Farnham

Hello there,

Welcome back to Tea With Me and Friends.

Last week I noticed a new bakery has opened in Farnham, on Castle Street. Gail's has bakeries across London, the first of which first opened in 2005 and its exciting to see one open just around the corner from home! Gail's are passionate about artisan bread, and also serve cakes, pastries, teas and coffees. 

On this occasion I had popped into Farnham on my lunch break and so I decided not to eat in, but take some treats home with me. As I stood in the queue, waiting to be served I had time to decide what I wanted to take home from the counter heaving with goodies! I opted for a pecan and maple scone and two little madeleines.

Sweet treats from Gail's Artisan Bakery 
 The service was quick and friendly and my goodies were well packaged for the journey home. This little lot cost me just under £4.

The scone was rustic looking, with a good maple glaze on top. It was a good size too. The madeleines were well risen and had a lovely lemony aroma.

Scone and madeleines from Gail's Artisan Bakery

As I cut into the scone I was impressed with the amount of pecans inside - no scrimping here...


The scone was already flavoured with pecans and maple, and so I decided to dress it just with clotted cream and I left the jam off this time. 


I really enjoyed the sweet and nutty flavour of this scone - the glaze on top was wonderful. The scone also had a good texture and held the cream well. A lovely afternoon treat!

The madeleines were light and lemony - perfect!

All in all this was a lovely treat and I can't wait to go back to Gail's to sample more of their treats! If you'd like to know more about Gail's, pop by their website.

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: