Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Friday 9 September 2016

Time for....a scrummy biscuit recipe!

Hello there,

Welcome back to Tea With Me and Friends - today we have a slightly different Friday blog post for you...we have a new recipe to share with you!

This week I hosted the first papercraft sub group for the local WI where I am Vice President. We set up Bake, Natter and Roll (Farnham WI) at the beginning of the year and we currently have 80 members. Being a crafty individual, I was happy to host the group when it was suggested.....but of course I felt as well as a craft I needed some baked goodies to offer the lovely ladies.

I got my timings slightly wrong on the day on the meeting (getting stuck in the office longer than I had planned) and so didn't really have time for any elaborate baking....so I decided biscuits were the answer....

Oaty chcolate chip cookies from Tea With Me and Friends!

I found a recipe I liked the sound of in one of the million baking books I own....and then in typical Rachel style I changed it!

These little delights are sweet and oaty, sightly chewy in the middle but also lovely and crunchy! Perfect with a cup of tea (or coffee) when you are crafting....or at any time really!


Even better....they are so simple to make!

To bake these you will need:

175g / 6oz - rolled oats (I used large rolled oats as they had been on offer in the local supermarket)
75 g / 3oz brown sugar
1 egg
60ml / 4tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
a handful of chocolate chips (because that's what I had in my cupboard!)

What to do....
  1. Preheat your oven to 190c / 375f
  2. In a bowl combine all the ingredients, making sure there are no lumps of sugar
  3. Spoon small heaps of the mixture onto prepared baking sheets - allowing a little room between each heap for spreading
  4. Press the heaps into small, flat circles (although you'll notice mine were more wonky shapes than circles!) with the back of a fork
  5. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, until golden brown
  6. When cooled slightly, transfer the cookies to a wire rack
  7. Enjoy!

You can use as many chocolate chips as you like - I think I would have preferred a few more in my cookies. The ladies of the papercraft group also commented that these would be good with a handful of peanuts thrown in as well.



These were so popular that between the papercraft ladies and Joe, there was only one cookie left the morning after they were baked! I can confirm that it tasted just as good the next day!

I hope you like this quick and simple recipe - if you give it a go at home I'd love to hear what you thought!

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: